With over 30 years of legal experience, Bill primarily concentrates his practice on representing insurers in first- and third-party matters and handling matters involving personal-injury defense, insurance coverage, and the investigation and defense of potential claims of insurance fraud, including trial and appellate representation.
Bill handles cases involving products liability, intentional torts, business torts, insurance defense, defective products, dangerous conditions, labor law, strict liability, professional liability, fraud, and catastrophic personal-injuries issues for Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries. He also provides counsel to and defends municipalities in matters related to claims of property damage, wrongful death, and personal injury.
Bill additionally litigates fraud and arson insurance-defense matters and renders coverage opinions and advice on complex property-insurance claims. He also has extensive experience working with insurance companies handling fire insurance and subrogation claims.
- Syracuse University College of Law, cum laude; Justinian Honor Society, Executive Editor, Syracuse Law Review, 1988
- College of St. Rose, B.A., 1985
- Connecticut, 1988
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association, “Insurance Coverage Trending Topics”
- New York State Bar Association, “Insurance Coverage Fundamentals”
- New York State Bar Association, “Insurance Considerations for Premises Liability”
- New York State Bar Association, “Review of the New York Standard Fire Insurance Policy”
- 22nd Albany Claims Association Fall Educational Workshop, Guest Lecturer
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Personal Injury Defense—Products and Insurance Coverage, 2008-2010 and 2015-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, 2006-2018
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner
- Bouck, Holloway, Kiernan & Casey, LLP, Partner