The Avant Building
200 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14202
The former real estate chair at Moot and Sprague, Vince primarily concentrates his practice on matters involving general real estate, including sophisticated buy-sell transactions; leasing, options; commercial lending; title insurance; bank regulatory compliance; mortgage banking; mortgage foreclosures; affordable housing; zoning; and land use. He is an approved examining counsel for several title insurance companies and is a licensed NYS title-insurance agent.
- Represented a private company as it acquired, financed, and built a new, larger manufacturing facility with the assistance of a local industrial development agency and under the structure of a reverse 1031 tax-deferred exchange.
- Represented a public-benefit entity in its assembly and acquisition of large tracts of waterfront property for private development and public use as a NYS park.
- Assisted a large not-for-profit with acquiring an acclaimed architectural complex from the State of New York for preservation, rehabilitation, and community development. Representation is ongoing and includes drafting and negotiating use, license, and easement agreements and leases and subleases.
- Assisted in the sale of and leaseback of seven skilled-nursing facilities and a pharmacy to a national real estate investment trust.
- Prepared title insurance for the financing of the building of a major local hospital and a multi-use commercial condominium for medical research.
- Supervised a large national bank’s mortgage lending and closing process for New York State and had responsibility for its regulatory compliance requirements and all other related lending matters.
- Served as a witness before the US Congress at hearings regarding proposed revisions to the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.