Tara has extensive experience defending a variety of personal-injury matters, passionately advocating for her clients in the courtroom and counseling them on alternative dispute resolution. She also applies her litigation skills to labor and employment, defending employers before the Workers’ Compensation Board and working closely with them and their workers’ compensation carriers to ascertain the best and most expeditious resolutions.
- Defended a client at trial in a premises-liability case that resulted in a defense verdict.
- Represented an assisted-living facility in a lawsuit alleging negligence, breach of contract, and Public Health Law violations. Achieved a dismissal of the complaint by way of motion for summary judgment.
- Successfully achieved summary judgment on various legal malpractice matters.
- Defended complex legal malpractice on appeal, achieving a reversal of the lower court’s order that denied summary judgment.
- Defended a client involved in a legal malpractice action at an arbitration, resulting in a nominal award to the plaintiffs.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2000
- Siena College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1997
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Hamberger & Weiss, Associate