The Avant Building
200 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14202
Susan serves as co-team leader of the health care and health and human services providers teams, representing providers in regulatory compliance, managed care, and corporate matters. Her clients include provider networks, independent practice associations, behavioral health care collaboratives (BHCCs), and care-coordination organizations (CCOs). Susan also represents hospitals; physicians; skilled-nursing, assisted-living, and independent senior-housing facilities; CCRCs; home-care agencies; intellectual and developmental disability providers; and behavioral-health organizations.
- Handled IPA formation, corporate governance, contract negotiations, value-based payment agreements, and data-privacy issues for behavioral health care collaboratives (BHCCs).
- Represented care-coordination organizations (CCOs) regarding vendor contracts, data-use agreements, security attestations, corporate matters, and HIPAA compliance.
- Facilitated a provider’s telehealth delivery by designing its corporate and regulatory structure.
- Negotiated managed-care contracts for physicians, skilled-nursing facilities, and behavioral- health agencies.
- Successfully challenged Medicaid rates for agencies servicing individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Designed and handled corporate restructuring for health care and human service providers to achieve regulatory compliance and business objectives.
- Trained HIPAA business associates of a Fortune 100 company and developed an industry-specific business associate manual.