A former NYS Department of Public Service (DPS) attorney and records access officer with nearly 40 years of legal experience, Steve has extensive experience handling regulatory matters, particularly in the energy industry. He has in-depth knowledge of the NY Public Service Law and is considered a leading authority on siting and Section 68 proceedings involving numerous developers of wind energy and fossil-fueled projects and gas and electric transmission lines. Steve has also handled confidential filings and other Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) matters. He actively advocates for blind and visually impaired individuals and argued for making the DPS website more accessible to visually impaired users.
- Drafted regulations implementing Articles VII, VIII, and X.
- Led staff teams in reviewing numerous gas and electric Article VII applications and Section 68 petitions.
- Led a staff team in reviewing the only New Article VIII power-plant application.
- Led staff teams in reviewing the first and several subsequent Article X power-plant applications.
- Assisted in drafting a Public Service Commission (PSC) policy statement on confidentiality and inter-agency records handling.
- Drafted numerous PSC orders on various topics.