The Avant Building
200 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14202
Sarah primarily concentrates her practice on state and federal commercial litigation matters involving a variety of business disputes, including breach of contract, Uniform Commercial Code, and construction and surety matters. She routinely represents construction companies, including general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, in contract disputes and other lien matters. Sarah also represents skilled nursing facilities in breach-of-contract and collection matters and handles commercial and residential eviction matters.
- Successfully obtained relief for an architectural client on a performance bond after its subcontractor defaulted in performance and the surety disclaimed liability based on the failure to comply with the express written terms of the bond.
- Acted as second chair trial counsel to a general contractor in a complex construction action.
- Successfully defended a motion for summary judgment on behalf of a material supplier for a complex construction project. Obtained a favorable decision on cross-motion for summary judgment against the surety defendant.
- Obtained a successful decision on summary judgment for a skilled-nursing facility in major breach-of-contract action.
- Provided pro bono counsel to an inmate-plaintiff in a civil-rights matter.