With over 15 years in management and leadership roles at multinational software company Oracle Corporation, Rosemary primarily concentrates her practice on helping companies comply with state and federal labor laws. She has extensive experience handling matters involving discrimination in hiring, firing, and promotion; wages; benefits; civil-rights claims; and workplace investigations of discrimination and harassment claims. Rosemary also routinely drafts employee manuals, employment agreements, severance agreements, noncompetition agreements, and employment policies and procedures.
Rosemary uses her hands-on experience with professional services, product development; training; and resource, facility, and operations management to gain a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and needs of her business clients.
Rosemary’s business background is complemented by the four years she spent clerking at a small boutique law firm specializing in plaintiff-side employment matters. This experience gives her unique insight into how to counteract typical plaintiff strategies to maximize results for her clients.
- Obtained a no-cause finding from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in a sexual harassment and retaliation claim brought by an employee against a national health care staffing company.
- Obtained dismissal of a whistleblower complaint on behalf of an aviation company.
- Served as co-counsel in the representation of the president of a public company in breach-of-contract arbitration, resulting in a $5.2 million award.
- Represented not-for-profit and for-profit health care organizations in defending discrimination claims based on age, sex, race, religion, gender, disability, harassment, national origin, and retaliation brought by individuals in state and federal court and by the NYS Department of Human Resources, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Represented national and multinational clients in defending discrimination claims based on age, sex, race, religion, gender, disability, harassment, national origin, and retaliation brought by individuals in state and federal court and by the NYS DHR, and EEOC.
- Defended employers before the NYS and US Departments of Labor in connection with compliance matters including misclassifications, wage and hour, recordkeeping, and child-labor investigations.
- Successfully defended a staffing agency against six individual wrongful-termination charges filed simultaneously with the NYS Division of Human Rights and EEOC.
- Successfully defended an employer against a state and a federal wage-hour complaint filed by a disgruntled employee and a race, sex, and retaliation discrimination claim under Title VII, age discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and a disability discrimination charge under the ADA by the same employee.
- Settled a disability and age discrimination complaint filed in the US District Court for the Western District of New York before a scheduling order was even established and for less than 5 percent of the demand.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1989
- Smith College, B.A., 1986
- New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Barclay Damon Women’s Forum
- Starring Buffalo, Board of Directors Member
- Irish Classical Theatre, Former Director and Board Secretary
- Gateway Longview, Former Director
- Children's Inn at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Former Volunteer
- Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, Former Volunteer
- WNY Paralegal Association, “NYS and Federal Anti-Sexual Harassment Laws”
- New York State Payroll Conference, “New York State Employee Scheduling Regulations”
- Barclay Damon Webinar, “Conducting Effective Sexual Harassment Investigations”
- Western New York Paralegal Association, “#MeToo Movement and the Workplace”
- Job Service Employer Committee, “Eliminate Hiring Mistakes”
- Barclay Damon LLP, Cliff Wilson Mentoring Award, 2018
- Damon Morey LLP, Special Counsel
- Oracle, Senior Director of Product Management for Oracle Education Worldwide
- Oracle, Senior Director of Resource & Operations for Oracle Education Americas
- Oracle, Delivery Director for Oracle Education Eastern US
- Oracle, Education Manager