Roger is Barclay Damon’s Financial Institutions & Lending Practice Area chair. With over 30 years of experience in transactional business law, he primarily concentrates his practice on secured- and unsecured-financing transactions, commercial and municipal real estate financing and development, money service business (MSB) regulation and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Roger’s transactional experience ranges from representing small, closely held companies to working on $1 billion transactions. He regularly represents super-regional lending institutions and borrowers and has been involved in several historic real estate renovation developments.
- Represented a family-owned manufacturer in a private-equity injection and exit, and various financing transactions and acquisitions.
- Represented an Eastern super-regional bank in a $1 billion business transfer.
- Represented a manufacturer in participated asset-based financing in regional secured-financing transactions.
- Represented a multi-state, multi-franchise auto floor lender in regional secured-financing transactions.
- Represented an East Coast real estate developer in regional secured-financing transactions.
- Represented a Northeast multi-facility manufacturer in various local secured-financing transactions.
- Represented a national real estate developer and operator in various local secured-financing transactions.
- Represented a real estate developer in historic tax credits and new market tax credits historical-renovation development.
- Represented a money-services business in local, national, and international operational and regulatory compliance issues.
- Represented a municipality in general obligations $28 million and $103 million bond sales.
- Represented a lender in historic tax credit historical-renovation development.
- Represented various Canadian banks in various cross-border secured-financing transactions.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1986
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.B.A., 1987
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1983
- New York, 1988
- Bar Association of Erie County
- United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, Advisory Council Member and Community Impact Committee Chair, Former Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Member
- Temple Sinai, Past President
- Martindale-Hubbell BV Peer Review Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, 2019
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner
- Saperston & Day, P.C., Shareholder