Barclay Damon Tower
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
A former Brookfield Power real property manager with over 30 years of experience in the energy and utilities industry, Rob primarily focuses on property taxation, valuation, and mergers and acquisitions. He uses his civil engineering background to offer clients a unique perspective on the valuation of generation facilities.
- After many years of litigation, successfully negotiated a long-term settlement agreement involving six Upstate NY hydroelectric facilities, resulting in client savings exceeding $5 million.
- Successfully negotiated a long-term PILOT agreement for two Upstate NY hydroelectric facilities, resulting in client tax savings exceeding $2 million.
- Successfully negotiated a long-term settlement agreement for two Eastern NY hydroelectric facilities, resulting in client tax savings exceeding $3 million.
- Successfully represented a fossil-fuel generator in New York City for over 10 years, incorporating refunds and assessment reductions that resulted in client savings exceeding $50 million.
- Analyzed and projected potential New York City tax savings after presenting to a new client and obtaining authorization from the fossil-fuel generator, resulting in client savings exceeding $7 million.
- Successfully negotiated a long-term settlement agreement for five hydroelectric facilities in New Hampshire, resulting in client savings exceeding $1 million
- Represented clients with acquisition studies, reviewing current generator operations and due-diligence documents. Assisted in the development of acquisition offers incorporating going- forward property-tax savings.
- Handled the management, review, assessment reduction, negotiations, grievances, and litigation involved with 400+ parcels of property associated with the 88 hydro facilities in New York State and eight surrounding states.