In creditors’ rights matters, Rob regularly counsels and represents clients in the assessment of and response to business and financial disputes. His clients include public and private companies, sole member and closely held businesses, and individuals. Rob also prosecutes and defends claims involving business contracts, partnership agreements, shareholder interests, corporate dissolution, financial disputes, and other business interests.
In addition to his own practice, Rob has served as the firm’s paralegal partner for nine years.
- Obtained an attachment order to impose liens and liquidate a cogeneration turbine and other property of a debtor, leading to the recovery of more than $5 million for an industrial development agency in unpaid PILOT agreement payments.
- Obtained summary judgment of foreclosure on multi-unit apartment buildings on behalf of a mortgage lender.
- Defended an equipment-leasing company in a class-action lawsuit, resulting in a favorable settlement prior to class certification.
- Represented the prior owner of a business against a purchaser for breaching an asset-purchase agreement.
Litigated and obtained a favorable settlement for a commercial client and trustee against an insurance company for failure to pay the correct pension annuity payments.
- Obtained judgment for a trustee against an insurance agent. Enforced judgment through property execution against insurance commissions.
- Commenced action for an engineering firm against a customer and negotiated a settlement and payment of invoices.
- Obtained favorable settlements with and enforced judgments for utility clients against health care facilities for unpaid utility charges.
- Seized and repossessed construction equipment on behalf of an equipment-leasing client in several actions for replevin.
- Commenced and litigated thousands of bankruptcy-avoidance actions arising out of a Ponzi scheme on behalf of the bankruptcy trustee of an equipment-leasing company.
- Defended a financial-services company in a class-action lawsuit involving a claim for the recovery of insurance premiums.
- Recovered assets for creditor clients in bankruptcy-liquidation proceedings.
- Recovered fraudulently conveyed machinery in action by an equipment-leasing client.
- Recovered a brokerage fee on behalf of a real estate broker client.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1990
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 1985
- New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Onondaga County Volunteer Lawyers Project, Family Court Clinic Attorney
- Syracuse University, Former Business Organizations Adjunct
- Onondaga County Bar Foundation, Former Director
- New York State Bar Association, “Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments” CLE
- New York State Bar Association, “Collections and the Enforcement of Money Judgments”
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner