Pete serves as Barclay Damon’s Patents & Prosecution Practice Area chair and co-team leader of the technology, medical devices, communications and networking technology, and emerging technologies teams. With over 25 years of experience, he primarily concentrates his practice on managing domestic and foreign patent portfolios as well as strategizing intellectual property rights for a spectrum of clients that include Fortune 100 companies, start-ups and individuals. His practice also involves drafting validity and non-infringement opinions for clients as well as conducting due-diligence reviews of IP assets.
Pete has drafted and prosecuted over 1,500 patents before the United States Patent Office, covering various technologies that include acoustics, actuators, agriculture, air conditioning, athletic devices, automotive, aviation and aeronautics, clinical diagnostics, control and distribution systems, fluidics, immunosensors, information technology, large-scale manufacture and assembly, material science, medical devices, metallurgy, optics, noise and vibratory isolation, packaging, software, telecommunications, thin-film transport, and wind/alternative energy fields.
As a former Eastman Kodak Company design engineer and patent counsel, Pete has a deep understanding of the unique needs of corporate clients and their businesses in obtaining broad and enforceable patents.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1992
- Clarkson University, B.S., 1979
- New York, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Patent Law, US Patent Office Relation and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Committees Member
- Central New York Patent Law Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner
- Wall Marjama and Bilinski, LLP, Founding Partner
- Harris Beach, PLLC, Intellectual Property Attorney
- Eastman Kodak Company, Patent Attorney
- Eastman Kodak Company, Senior Design Engineer