Miriam has a deep knowledge of life sciences, technology commercialization, synthetic chemistry, and analytical chemistry, and she has an extensive and diverse background in research science and in chemistry precursor synthesis for engineering applications. She additionally has substantial experience in general organic, solid state, inorganic, and organometallic synthetic chemistry, specializing in work involving small molecule silicon, germanium, and nitrogen-based silyl and s-block compounds.
Prior to Barclay Damon, Miriam handled technology commercialization and patent landscape analysis through Syracuse University College of Law's NYS Science & Technology Law Center and NYS Pre-Seed Workshop.
- Worked on several projects through the NYS Science & Technology Law Center, from pharmaceutical companies to start-ups such as Regeneron and Traverse Biosciences.
- Participated in several pre-seed workshops on technology commercialization at High Tech Rochester, the Tech Garden, PSW Binghamton University, PSW Buffalo LifeSciences, and PSW Buffalo Advance Materials.
- Proposed and secured funds for an inter-university collaboration synthesizing germyl-precursors for MBE (molecular beam epitaxy) toward novel resistors and semiconductors.
- Designed and introduced an environmentally friendly novel synthetic route (Redox Transmetallation/Ligand Exchange) that provides facile, reliable, inexpensive yields, and purity to alkaline earth-metal silylated amides.
- Planned, developed, and published an organo-functionalization of Zintl clusters video manual that is the first of its kind in this field.
- Synthesized and characterized the first ‘n-doped’ Group 14 Zintl Ions with Sb and Bi as potential precursors for electro-deposition.
- Syracuse University, Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry, 2007, Awarded Doctoral Thesis Prize for Dissertation, 2007
- LeMoyne College, B.S., 1998
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Barclay Damon Women's Forum
- Syracuse University, Research Professor
- “A Second Look Towards the Reproducible Synthesis of Tetragermyl-(GeH)C Methanes via a One-Pot Reaction Utilizing (Cl2BrGe)4C”
- Dalton Transactions, “Exploring the Metal and Ligand Influence in Primary Alkaline Earth Amides: Monomeric Species and an Unusual Ion Association Mode”
- ChemComm, “Tri-Metallic Deltahedral Zintl Ions: Experimental and Theoretical Studies of the Novel Dimer [(Sn6Ge2Bi)2]4-“
- Journal of Materials Chemistry, “Ultra-Broad Near-Infrared Photoluminescence From Crystalline (K-crypt)2Bi2 Containing [Bi2] 2-Dimers”
- Journal of Visualized Experiments, “Synthesis of Nine-Atom Deltahedral Zintl Ions of Germanium and Their Functionalization With Organic Groups”
- Journal of American Chemical Society, “n-Doping” of Ge9 deltahedral Zintl Ions”
- Syracuse University, Doctoral Thesis Prize
- University of Notre Dame, Postdoctoral Associate
- Syracuse University, Research Assistant Professor, Research Manager, and Assistant
- Le Moyne College, Research Associate