The Avant Building
200 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14202
Michael concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions. His experience also includes counseling businesses on corporate, intellectual property, and employment matters, and he has assisted clients with international acquisitions and restructuring transactions. Michael’s clients include manufacturing companies, retailers, health care providers, and professional practices. His background in financial services, insurance, and working at a boutique business complements his experience handling all aspects of corporate and commercial transactions and relationships.
- Represented a sensors manufacturer in the sale of the company for $580 million to a publicly traded US corporation.
- Represented a medical-products company with significant intellectual property in a stock sale to a publicly traded non-US company.
- Coordinated local counsel in a tax-advantaged restructuring of a publicly traded multinational corporation involving affiliates throughout Europe and Latin America.
- Advised on the licensing of internet-deliverable services for hospitals and medical practices.
- Structured the licensing of educational software and related development services to governmental customers.
- Obtained NYS board licensure and Medicare and Medicaid enrollments for a pharmacy.
- Advised on the financing of a contractual public-private partnership for a real estate development project.
- Organized and secured tax-exempt status for the Veterans Post Restoration of Erie County NY, Inc. to help veterans obtain funding for updating and maintenance projects.
- Assisted Los Tainos Senior Citizens Center with various business operations matters.