Melle primarily concentrates her practice on business immigration and provides advice to clients ranging from individuals and small businesses to large corporations and institutions on US work permits, visas, and permanent residency (green cards).
Melle prepares nonimmigrant applications, including intra-company transfers of managers, executives, and specialized-knowledge employees (L-1A/L-1B); treaty traders and investors (E-1/E-2); professional athletes and coaches (P-1/P-1S), specialty occupation workers (H-1B), and NAFTA professionals (TN). In addition, she routinely prepares naturalization and citizenship applications as well as employment-based preference petitions (I-140) for multinational managers, executives, and skilled workers and family-based green card applications (I-130). Melle also helps clients navigate consular processing in obtaining visas at US embassies and consulates around the world.
As a Chinese immigrant who moved to Canada before moving to the United States under F-1 status to earn her law degree and worked under TN status, Melle personally understands the challenges of the US immigration system and strives to help her clients navigate it successfully.
In addition to her own practice, Melle is a member of the Buffalo office Diversity Leadership Team.
- Obtained E-1, E-2, L-1A, L-1B, and TN approvals on behalf of Canadian nationals.
- Represented business owners, investors, employees, and their family members in connection with green card applications and adjustments of status.
- Prepared successful H-1B and H-4 petitions for foreign national professionals and dependents to work in the United States.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Toronto, B.A., 2010
- New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Canadian/Ontario Bar Association
- Minority Bar Association of Western New York, Former Director
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- WNYPA Conference, “Immigration Law 101 and Current Trends Impacting the Practice”
- Cross-Border Business Immigration Seminar in Toronto, Canada, “Temporary Non-Immigrant Business Strategies, Including the E, L, and TN Status"
- Buffalo Business First, “Buffalo-Area Immigration Lawyers See Range of Issues Stemming From Washington”
- Greenhouse Canada National Magazine, Business Issue, “Trading or Investing in the United States”
- New York State Bar Association, Empire State Counsel Honoree, 2017 and 2014
- AILA Upstate Chapter Pro Bono Champion, 2017
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- Clyde & Co., Summer Associate
- Eighth Judicial District Clerkship Program, Judicial Intern