Jack manages spinoffs and divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, SEC filings, shareholder meetings, take-over defense strategies, and technology-commercialization programs and ventures. Jack also develops corporate-governance best practices at public and private companies.
Jack additionally has significant experience with both US and foreign distribution networks. He’s obtained millions in grants from the US Department of Defense and through leveraging government purchase contracts, and he has won over $1 million in tax exemptions, incentives, and grants for government economic-development programs.
In addition to his role at Barclay Damon, Jack is a Syracuse University College of Law adjunct and director of the university’s Innovation Law Center.
- Advises and facilitates numerous high-tech start-up companies.
- Offensively and defensively managed several patent and trademark-infringement suits. Settled the largest case for a $25 million recovery.
- Repelled a take-over attempt with a ploy that became known as the Polaroid defense.
- Managed environmental compliance programs, including hazardous-waste sites, various permits and RCRA clean ups.
- Managed an international trademark and design patent portfolio for a consumer-products company.
- Developed a comprehensive patent program and reward system, including a business-valuation component.
- Converted two operating divisions into subsidiaries that were spun off and sold to multinational corporations.
- Consolidated European distribution companies into a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1973
- Middlebury College, B.S., 1970
- New York, 1974
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Business Council of New York, Company Representative and General Counsels Committee, Energy Committee, and Environmental Committees Member
- Manufacturers Association of Central New York, Company Representative
- First Presbyterian Church, Skaneateles, New York, Elder
- Everson Museum of Art, Former Board of Trustees President
- CNY Community Foundation, Director
- CNY Biotech Accelerator, Advisory Board Member
- MedTech Association, Director
- Frequent panelist and presenter at universities and MedTech Association events on innovation.
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- Blue Highway Inc., Co-Founder and Senior Vice President of Legal & Governmental Affairs
- Welch Allyn, Vice President, Secretary, and General Counsel
- Oneida Ltd, Vice President, Secretary, and General Counsel
- NYS Science & Technology Law Center, Director
- US Army, Lieutenant Colonel (Res.)