Lisa primarily concentrates her practice on providing comprehensive representation in elder law, Medicaid planning, special-needs planning, estate planning, and estate administration. She develops comprehensive asset-protection and care plans and prepares essential documents, including wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney and gift riders, and health care proxies.
Lisa helps clients with disabilities and families with disabled children access public benefits and maximize the preservation of individual and family assets. She also assists clients with Article 17A guardianships for disabled children or family members. In addition, Lisa represents seniors who need long-term care and works with families and medical professionals to develop appropriate plans that may include home care, independent living, assisted living, and skilled-care options.
Lisa has extensive experience handling outright transfers, irrevocable Medicaid trusts, annuities, loans, pooled trusts to shelter excess income, and transfers of real property as well as numerous public-benefit resources, including Chronic Care Medicaid for nursing-home care and Community Medicaid for home care. She advises clients on self-settled supplemental-needs trusts, third-party supplemental-needs trusts, testamentary supplemental-needs trusts, and pooled-community supplemental-needs trusts.
- Columbia University Law School, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- District of Columbia
- Greater Rochester Association of Women Attorneys (GRAWA)
- Monroe County Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- The Academy of Special Needs Planners (ASNP)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Norman Howard School, Board of Directors Member
- Heritage Christian Services Foundation Board, Member
- Upstate New York Families for Effective Autism Treatment (AutismUp), Member
- Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly, Inc. (GRAPE), Former Member, Bylaws Committee Chair and Former Secretary and Executive Board Member
- LIFESPAN, Volunteer
- Starbridge, “Supportive Decision-Making Alternatives to Article 17A Guardianship” Webinar
- Heritage Christian Services and Pieters Family Life Center, “Housing and Financial Planning”
- Martindale-Hubbell, Client Distinction Award
- Lacy Katzen LLP, Partner