With over 30 years of experience, Lee concentrates his practice on representing individuals and entities in state and federal courts in civil litigation matters. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict and also advises clients on their business affairs.
Lee began trying cases fresh out of law school as assistant corporation counsel for the City of Syracuse. He pursues an “end-game” strategy at the outset and is frequently called upon to bring long-standing matters that seem incapable of resolution to finality. His experience includes prosecuting and defending major business litigation matters such as contract and property disputes, partnership dissolutions among physicians and other professionals, construction cases, intellectual property disputes, environmental litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings, and, at prior firms, serious personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Lee has extensive experience negotiating with federal and state governmental agencies, including the US Department of Justice, the US Department of the Interior, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Homeland Security, the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, the Office of the Governor of New York State, the Office of the Attorney General, and Congress.
- Resolved a bitterly disputed dissolution of a downstate medical practice in mediation.
- Won and collected a $2.7 million judgment for a stockholder of a corporation pursuant to a redemption agreement between the parties.
- Won a $1.25 million settlement during trial in an accident involving an out-of-state commercial-trucking company that resulted in the death of one child and serious personal injuries to another.
- Won a $750,000 settlement during trial for an automobile-accident victim with serious and permanent injuries.
- Won and collected an $875,000 award in arbitration against an out-of-state company for a local construction company that remained unpaid.
- Obtained and collected a $385,000 judgment for a construction company that remained unpaid as a result of faulty work of a subcontractor.
- Won a dismissal of a seven-figure claim against a local contractor in a multi-party complex commercial case involving out-of-state companies.
- Won summary judgment awarding a Florida company exclusive use and ownership of a national premier medical-billing software.
- Won a victory for an Indian nation at the NY Court of Appeals involving the nation’s reservation status.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, North Star Member
- Delta Society, Patron Level Member
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Indian Law and Commercial Litigation, 2010-2017
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- French-Alcott, PLLC, Partner
- Green & Seifter Attorneys, PLLC, Partner, Litigation Practice Group Chair
- City of Syracuse Office of the Corporation Counsel, Chief Trial Counsel