Barclay Damon Tower
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
Kevin serves as Barclay Damon’s Project Development Practice Area co-chair. He has decades of experience defining deal structure and procuring financing and incentives for public- and private-sector clients. His counsel starts with analyzing business plans, and he follows through to the operation of facilities following completion of construction. Typically, with new construction or expansion projects, some form of real-property-tax exemption or control agreement has been obtained, and Kevin represents clients in disputes with state tax departments, including state valuation of real-property assets.
- Represented the Saratoga Economic Development Corporation during its presentation of the Luther Forest Campus to Intel and AMD. Work included presentations to both companies, calculations of the value of incentive packages being offered, and the creation of new legislation that would support the proposed incentive packages.
- Represented a specialty medical group in the creation of a campus, together with a medical-office building and surgery center.
- Represented a county and taxing jurisdictions in negotiation, PILOT, and development agreements for the largest wind-farm project in New York State.
- Represented a local developer in the rehabilitation of a downtown garage, office building, and the expansion of the garage into a historic structure.
- Represented a developer in the construction of a Syracuse University student-housing complex.
- Represented a private developer with an industrial development agency and lenders on the Harmony Mills Project in Cohoes, New York.
- Represented GLOBALFOUNDRIES in NYS grant agreements, Empire Zone benefits, and with the Saratoga County IDA for sales-tax exemptions and infrastructure bond financing for the chip-fabrication facility in Malta, New York.
- Represented more than 100 entities in procuring NYS tax credits, including original applications, entity-structuring issues, and, where necessary, litigating the right to those benefits in the NYS Tax Tribunal.
- Represented an independent power producer on real-property-tax assessments and encroachments for dozens of facilities in New York State.
- Testified before the NYS Assembly Committee during hearings on economic development.