A former SRC, Inc., senior contract negotiator and solo practitioner, Kevin primarily concentrates his practice on real estate and lending, handling and negotiating real estate acquisitions, sale transactions, and financing for an array of clients. He has extensive experience handling commercial leasing negotiations and provides support in connection with real estate matters involving easements and title research. As examining counsel to title insurance companies, Kevin also analyzes and examines real estate titles. He additionally focuses on executing commercial loan transactions for a federal credit union.
Kevin also advises companies on the applicability of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) in their contractual agreements with public utilities, the General Services Administration, and various federal agencies, with a specific focus on narrowing the scope of FAR compliance while providing a strong regulatory scheme.
Kevin additionally has professional certifications in intellectual property in government contracts, software as a service (SaaS) contracts, and contracting and subcontracting bid negotiations.
- Advises Angler’s Association of Onondaga regarding the development of Webster Pond Park.
- Executed a complex 1031 exchange transaction involving the purchase of a multi-unit apartment building.
- Analyzed ALTA surveys for large-scale solar-development projects to identify easements and other encroachments that would impact the insurability of title.
- Successfully petitioned the NYS Attorney General for approval of the sale of multiple properties for a religious corporation.
- Analyzed the imposition of a transfer tax for the transfer of a controlling interest in an entity owning real property and holding a leasehold interest in real property located in the Northeastern and Pacific states.
- Successfully executed the purchase and sale of a telecom easement for an agriculture client who leased an existing telecom tower to a telecommunications provider.
- Successfully advised clients on negotiating, analyzing, and executing government contracts regulated by the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), including but not limited to data-rights assertions and markings, prototype acquisitions, white papers, subcontracts, and prime contracts.
- Executed multiple real estate transactions for an agricultural corporation for rural land-use development, provided extensive counsel for business law issues, and successfully negotiated and executed a multi-year lease between a family-owned agriculture corporation and a San Francisco-based solar-energy firm to develop a solar farm on the client’s land.
- Worked with a corporation and lending institution to execute a commercial mortgage to finance a stock-redemption agreement and various capital improvements.
- Successfully defended majority shareholders against a corporation dissolution petition by minority shareholders and subsequently negotiated a favorable buy-out of the minority shareholder’s interest in the corporation.
- Executed a security-purchase agreement, asset transfer, and technology-loan agreement with an inter-company business partner to sustain the employer’s investment in innovative technology, including researching and analyzing international trade regulations for the execution of the company’s first direct commercial sale to Taiwan.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Moot Court Society
- National Contract Management Association
- Loaves and Fishes Outreach Center, Volunteer
- SRC, Inc., General Counsel’s Office, Senior Contract Negotiator
- Kevin A. Barone, Esq., Solo Practitioner
- Northrop Grumman Corporation Professional Development Program, Business Management Analyst
- NYS Supreme Court to Judge Samuel Hester, Law Clerk