Kayla advises parties to litigation, including motion practice and discovery, as well as advising parties on responding to non-party subpoenas, demand letters, and administrative investigations. She also has significant experience taking and opposing appeals and engaging in various motion practice in appellate courts.
In addition to her own practice, Kayla serves on the Syracuse office Diversity Leadership Team.
- Assisted a partner in obtaining a summary-judgment dismissal of a complaint against a county and district attorneys that sought $9 million in damages for malicious prosecution.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Onondaga County Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association, “Streamlining Litigations: Views From the Bench in Upstate New York” CLE, Moderator
- New York State Bar Association, “Disrupting Unconscious Bias in the Legal Profession” CLE
- Barclay Damon LLP, Pro Bono Award, 2018
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association, Pro Bono Service Award, 2017
- New York State Bar Association, Empire State Counsel, 2016
- Burton Blatt Institute, Research Assistant
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Summer Associate
- The Wolford Law Firm, LLP, Summer Associate
- Law Offices of Thomas M. Robertson, Esq., Legal Secretary