Katie concentrates her practice on intellectual property litigation and complex commercial litigation. She represents a broad spectrum of clients, from small businesses to multinational corporations, in connection with the full range of business, commercial, and intellectual property litigation matters in both federal and NYS courts. Katie also serves as local counsel and co-counsel in cases pending in the Northern District of New York and other NY venues.
Katie has extensive experience litigating intellectual property disputes and focuses her practice on patent and trademark litigation. She also represents clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters involving contract disputes, business torts, and trusts and estates. Katie additionally handles litigation and counseling involving sophisticated electronic-discovery issues as well as reducing associated risks and costs throughout the life of litigation.
- Won a complete jury verdict of willful infringement of multiple patents and a $61 million enhanced damages award for the plaintiff, the patent owner and industry leader in coaxial cable connectors, against its leading competitor.
- Represented a multinational consumer-goods company in a patent-infringement dispute that was resolved favorably following a summary judgment decision of no willful infringement.
- Represented a leading US manufacturing company in connection with the domestic and foreign enforcement of its extensive patent portfolio.
- Represented a manufacturing company and its customers in a multi-venue patent-infringement dispute that was resolved favorably prior to trial.
- Defended an international computer-software company in connection with patent-infringement actions brought in the Eastern District of Texas and District of Delaware.
- Represented an international computer-software company in connection with the enforcement of its trademark portfolio.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2006
- University of Rochester, B.A., 2003
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Intellectual Property and Innovation American Inn of Court
- New York State Bar Association, Empire State Counsel Honoree, 2013
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York, Pro Bono Service Honor Roll, 2012-2014
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York to Chief US District Court Judge Norman Mordue, Law Clerk
- Moquin & Daley, Summer Associate
- Hale and Dorr Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School, Summer Student Attorney