Karen primarily concentrates on real estate and development projects, working with clients on acquisitions, divestitures, leasing, financing, tax-credit, and economic-benefit transactions. She offers strategic guidance to clients seeking grants and other economic incentives applicable to their projects. Karen has extensive experience structuring transactions to ensure clients can take advantage of available economic benefits. She also provides continuing assistance to clients who receive grants and incentives, ensuring they adhere to program requirements such as the proper use of required contract provisions and timely compliance with reporting mandates.
As part of her project development work, Karen manages the component parts of a project, tracking the myriad project details, acting as a liaison between the client and the service team, ensuring the service team members adhere to the established deadlines, and ensuring the final product is delivered within the client’s established parameters.
Karen also routinely drafts and negotiates leases on behalf of landlords and tenants across a variety of industries, including retail, office, medical, telecommunications, warehouse, and manufacturing. She also works closely with financing facilities, handling basic mortgage, construction, and leasehold financings.
- Handled lease negotiations for a national client.
- Assisted a leading North American greenhouse vegetable company in developing a 110-acre underglass enclosed greenhouse, including SEQRA compliance, zoning applications, and project incentives through an industrial development agency.
- Assisted in the development of a student housing project with a commercial component.
- Assisted in the development of a medical office building with varied specialty-service providers as tenants.
- Assisted in the development of a hotel, utilizing NYS grant funds, economic incentives, and a private offering.
- Handled the divestment of a high-value, environmentally impacted, real-property portfolio.
- Assisted in the development of a no action letter condominium project.