Julie is frequently retained by businesses, municipalities, and insurance carriers to defend complex litigation disputes. She represents medical professionals, municipalities, and correctional officers in inadequate-medical-treatment claims and in claims alleging violations of the US Constitution. She routinely represents property owners, contractors, and construction managers in construction-site accident cases and NYS Labor Law suits.
Julie regularly defends attorneys, medical practitioners, and other professionals in professional-liability lawsuits. She works closely with clients throughout all stages of litigation, including responding to discovery demands and drafting dispositive motions, mediation statements, and settlements. Julie has also performed extensive legal research and analytics on issues across multiple jurisdictions. She had appeared before NYS trial and appellate courts.
- Obtained dismissal on summary judgment of medical-malpractice and intentional-tort claims against a university client related to student health services that was affirmed by the Appellate Division.
- Successfully defended a university client against claims of negligence and intentional torts in a case involving an alleged traumatic brain injury.
- Obtained dismissal of inadequate-medical-treatment claims and violations of various US Constitutional provisions on behalf of a municipality.
- Successfully defended a professional-malpractice action against a real estate attorney
- Successfully defended an electric corporation and obtained summary judgment dismissing intentional-tort claims.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in relation to premises-liability action in federal court.
- Achieved summary judgment awarding client indemnification and payment of attorneys’ fees in wrongful-death action.
- Represented a bar and restaurant in a wrongful-death claim alleging violations of the Dram Shop Act that resulted in fatal hit-and-run.
- Represented trustees with regard to litigation issues resulting from the failure of various NYS workers’ compensation self-insured trusts.
- Represented an electrical corporation with regard to alleged violations of the NYS Labor Law.
- Michigan State University, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Niagara University, B.A., cum laude, 2009
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Keidel, Weldon & Cunningham, LLP, Associate
- D.J. & J.A. Cirando Law Office, Law Clerk
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York to Senior US District Judge Frederick Scullin, Intern
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to Judge Rosemary Pooler, Intern
- US Senate to Charles Schumer, Intern
- Indemnification Provision in Alarm-Monitoring Contract Valid Despite Unresolved Questions of Fact Regarding Gross Negligence
- School Districts May Assume Heightened Duty Toward Students Based on Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Case-by-Case Analysis Required for Sports-Related Personal Injury Cases