John represents both well-established companies and start-ups across a wide range of industries, handling both day-to-day contract review as well as complex commercial transactions. As counsel to several telecommunications clients, he provided guidance on the acquisition and disposition of FCC Spectrum, communication towers, and other general-operating assets.
For start-up clients, John provides guidance through various stages of financing, including friends and family, angel, and multiple rounds of venture capital. He also advises lending institutions in connection with secured real estate-based transactions, construction loans, and secured lines of credit.
In addition to his role at Barclay Damon, John is a partner at the Matt Law Firm, PLLC.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1994
- Union College, B.A., 1991
- New York, 1995
- Massachusetts, 1994
- Virginia, 2015
- New York State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- New Hartford Central School District, Board of Education Member
- Stanley Theater, Board Member
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C., Associate
- Battle Fowler, LLC, Associate