Jo-Ann additionally has extensive experience handling public finance transactions involving NYS agencies and authorities, industrial development agencies, and local development corporations. She also documents both bond and lease transactions, working closely with clients and other parties involved in the transaction to facilitate the client’s desired timeframe for closing.
- Assists over 100 school districts and municipalities with financing serial bonds, refunding bonds, bond-anticipation notes, tax-anticipation notes, and revenue-anticipation notes for various capital projects and other financings.
- Assists industrial development agencies in straight-lease transactions with respect to obtaining exemptions from real-property taxes, mortgage-recording taxes, and sales and use taxes in compliance with NYS legislation.
- Assists school districts on capital projects financed by the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York.
- Assists municipalities on water and sewer projects financed by the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation and the US Department of Agriculture: Rural Development.
- Assists in establishing local development corporations for various purposes, including issuing tax-exempt bonds, operating regional economic development programs, and facilitating specific projects.
- Assists the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, the NYS Housing Finance Agency, and the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation.
- Assists bond underwriters of all major underwriting firms active in New York State.
- Assists banks with purchasing tax-exempt bonds and provides credit support in tax-exempt bond transactions.
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New York State Government Finance Officers Association
- New York State Economic Development Council
- Girvin & Ferlazzo, P.C., Paralegal
- Hodgson Russ LLP, Legal Assistant/Paralegal