Jesse is an experienced litigation, insurance, and reinsurance outside counsel and advisor. His insurance and reinsurance clients are involved in many different aspects of insurance and reinsurance law, including primary and excess insurance, treaty and facultative reinsurance, general liability, professional liability and financial lines, transportation, and many other product lines. Jesse has represented clients externally and as an in-house general counsel in high-profile coverage and litigation matters in both state and federal courts across the country. He also represents clients and their insureds in defense, coverage, and declaratory judgment actions in state and federal court.
Jesse handles both domestic and international matters, with clients are located throughout the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and Europe. He previously served as general counsel for a publicly traded global insurer and reinsurer headquartered in Bermuda, a role in which he handled proposed insurance and reinsurance transactions; corporate acquisitions; the opening of a new regional office in Miami for a Latin American business; employment, including litigation, leases, US and foreign licensing; and a wide range of compliance and regulatory matters in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
- Represented clients in litigation in New York State, federal courts, and elsewhere––on a pro hac vice basis––in insurance broker and agent, lawyer-malpractice, environmental, and municipal- liability matters; miscellaneous professional liability, financial lines, insurance and reinsurance coverage, and declaratory-judgment actions; first-party property insurance; and personal-injury and property-damage claims and litigation.
- Represented reinsurers and cedants on US reinsurance arbitrations and litigation relating to active and discontinued reinsurance business.
- Provides coverage advice and counseling to primary and excess insurers and reinsurers on significant complex matters relating to general liability, professional liability, technology insurance, media liability, products liability, environmental law, rail disasters, and cyber-related matters pending in the United States and foreign jurisdictions.
- Counsels clients on facultative and treaty claims, captive, and other program business, including conducting reviews and audits of active or discontinued medical-professional liability, lawyer-professional liability, general liability, and other product lines.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- American University, School of International Service, B.A., 1987
- New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Canadian Association of New York
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Emory Law School Alumni Association, New York and Connecticut Chapters Member
- New York State Bar Association Seventh Corporate Counsel Institute Program, “Insurance Claims Lifecycle Management”
- Westchester/Southern Connecticut Association of Corporate Counsel Chapter, “Topical Issues of Importance to the Insurance Industry and to Connecticut's Corporate Citizens”
- US Regional Conference, “New York’s Contract Certainty Initiative, Excess and Surplus Lines Claims Association/Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel”
- HB Litigation Conference, “The Right to Associate Counsel in Insurance and Reinsurance Disputes"
- 22nd International Reinsurance Congress in Bermuda, “Current Trends and Issues Impacting the Reinsurance Industry”
- ARIAS-US Quarterly, “Understanding the Impact of Cosmetic Talc Case Verdicts”
- White and Williams, LLP, Counsel
- Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited, Global Legal Team, US, Canada, and Latin America Insurance and Reinsurance Business Platforms