Jerry has coordinated investigations with the US Department of Health and Human Services, the NYS Office of the Medicaid Inspector General, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the US Department of Justice, and other investigative agencies. Jerry has also worked closely with health care providers and their counsel on “self-referrals” to the MFCU.
- Currently representing several Medicaid providers in investigations by the NYS Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit.
- Represented pharmacies in a records and controlled-substances inventory audit by the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- Represented the former owner of an adult-care home that was charged with theft from a resident in an indictment by the NYS Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. Obtained a dismissal of the indictment and settled the matter civilly.
- Conducted training to residential health care facilities on patient abuse, neglect, and mistreatment.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1973
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., 1969
- New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Fordham Urban Law Journal Alumni Association, Louis J. Lefkowitz Memorial Award
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- NYS Attorney General’s Office, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Rochester Regional Director
- Erie County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney and Bureau Chief