Jen actively defends asbestos and lead-paint claims, representing manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and site owners in all NYS courts and in the US District Court for the Western District of New York. She routinely conducts lead examination for defendants at depositions in asbestos-related lawsuits, coordinates with asbestos and lead-paint experts, and has successfully argued motions for summary judgment and negotiated numerous settlements and voluntary dismissals.
From pre-suit discovery through trial and resolution, Jen has extensive experience handling all aspects of litigated matters, and is also skilled in negotiating settlements, when appropriate.
- Defended a property owner at trial in lead-paint action.
- Awarded summary judgment on behalf of various clients, including equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors in asbestos claims. Motions were decided on various grounds, including lack of product identification, statute of limitations, and the second injury rule, among others.
- Negotiated numerous voluntary dismissals for various clients in asbestos-related actions.
- Coordinates with various experts in asbestos and lead-paint-related claims to defend actions at trial and/or negotiate settlements when appropriate.
- Acts as defense liaison counsel in various asbestos cases throughout the Seventh and Eight Judicial Districts. This involves close contact with the courts and codefendants relative to selection of trial dates and defense needs as the litigation progresses.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Canisius College, summa cum laude, 2002
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2007
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of New York State
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Daemen College Paralegal Studies Program, Board of Directors Member
- Special Olympics, Volunteer
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Volunteer
- American Conference Institute 23rd National Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation, “The Science and Theories of Liability Behind ‘Each and Every’, ‘Single Fiber’, and ‘Cumulative” Exposure’”
- Villanova Environmental Law Journal, “It’s Still Here! The Continuing Battle Over Asbestos in America”
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Stars: Civil Litigation—Defense, 2013-2017
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner
- Gibson, McAskill & Crosby LLP, Law Clerk
- Gielowski, Federice & Caligiuri, LLP, Associate