Additionally, Jeffrey defends personal-injury suits resulting from claims of general negligence, accidents on property, and those involving motor vehicles. He also represents clients in mediation and arbitration matters. He works directly with clients, their insurers, and counsel to obtain favorable outcomes in NYS cases. Additionally, to assist in the representation of interstate clients, Jeffrey provides oversight on a wide variety of cases pending in Pennsylvania.
- Obtained summary judgment for an automotive parts manufacturer and distributor in a hotly contested asbestos case involving a 26-year-old plaintiff based on arguments such as the applicable statute of limitations.
- Represented a local festival organizer in a case of alleged negligent supervision and inadequate security. Obtained summary judgment based on the plaintiff’s assumption of the risks involved in the altercation.
- Successfully elicited testimony in several asbestos cases, facilitating voluntary dismissals and reasonable settlement amounts.
- Successfully negotiated several settlements in cases of alleged negligence and injury on property.
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- West Virginia University, B.S., 1987
- New York, 2007
- West Virginia, 2001
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- LaSalle Yacht Club, Member
- Damon Morey LLP, Special Counsel
- Riley, Hewitt, Witte & Romano, Associate
- Brown & Levicoff, Associate