Jim advises his clients on matters involving affiliations and networks, antitrust compliance, audits and investigations, contract analysis and negotiations, corporate governance, health-home formation and operation, managed care, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement, mergers and acquisitions, not-for-profit corporate matters, regulatory compliance, and tax-exempt compliance, including administrative proceedings.
Jim has also created IPA and messenger-model networks for hospitals, outpatient providers, and municipalities; merged hospitals and other providers; and advised providers on business and network development, risk assumption, clinical integration, and related antitrust issues.
- Assists in the formation and development of IPAs.
- Assists in the formation and structuring of health homes.
- Assists in affiliations and mergers of health care providers.
- Assists in the formation and development of FQHC.
- Represents clients in audit and compliance matters.
- Assists in the formation and development of not-for-profit and tax-exempt enterprises.
- Counsels on antitrust issues.
- Assisted in the formation, structuring, and development of a municipal behavioral health care network.
- Assisted in the structuring, development, and sale of an urgent-care center chain.
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- State University of New York at Fredonia, B.A., 1973
- New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Corporate Law and Health Care Law, 2016-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Damon Morey, Partner
- Damon Morey, Associate
- NYS Department of Social Services, Social Security Disability Analyst