Heidi is deeply involved in defending asbestos, benzene, beryllium, and lead-paint litigation and handles cases across New York State, including in New York City, and in multi-district litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Heidi also defends claims involving defective product designs, failures-to-warn, slips and falls, and motor-vehicle accidents as well as general insurance claims. She routinely coordinates multiple defendants and experts for risk management, defense, and trial preparation in products-liability claims.
She has significant experience representing corporate clients, including large international and Fortune 500 companies, across industries that include material handling, heavy equipment, roofing, and industrial-product distribution and supply.
A hallmark of Heidi’s work is her focus on planning, proactivity, and mitigation. She is appreciated for her client-focused approach to managing potential litigation that includes using thorough case analyses to determine ways to minimize costs, often through strategic early resolution or group settlements.
- Successfully defended multistate products-liability actions.
- Resolved numerous asbestos products-liability cases during various phases of trial, arbitration, and mediation.
- Strategically planned the defense of multiple clients in managing mass-tort litigation.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Women Lawyers of Western New York
- Western New York People Against Trafficking Humans Coalition, Founding Board of Directors Member
- Stop Trafficking of People, Volunteer
- Starpoint School PTA, Board of Directors Member
- John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation, Together With Individual Goals Member
- Bennett High School, Mock Trial Team Coach
- American Conference Institute National Advanced Forum on Asbestos Claims & Litigation, “Spotlight on Premise Owners, Contractors, Suppliers, and the Continued Expansion of Take-Home Exposure”
- NYS Senate Roundtable Discussion with Senators Gallivan and Grisanti, “Human Trafficking in Upstate New York”
- Western New York Paralegals Association, “Medicare Liens in Personal Injury Settlements”
- ARIAS-US Quarterly, “Understanding the Impact of Cosmetic Talc Case Verdicts”
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Class Action/Mass Torts, 2016-2018
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Stars: Personal Injury Defense—General, 2013
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner
- Jaeckle, Fleischmann & Mugel, LLP, Associate