Gregory primarily concentrates his practice on representing corporations and professional clients in complex litigation matters involving commercial transactions, corporate governance, the dissolution of business entities, noncompetition and confidentiality agreements, franchise litigation, unfair competition, trademark infringement, fraud, and other business torts.
Gregory also represents general contractors and subcontractors in a variety of construction litigation matters and advises and represents landlords and tenants in commercial leasing disputes.
- Successfully opposed a preliminary-injunction motion brought by a restaurant operator against a town with which the restaurateur had contracted.
- Obtained a federal judgment exceeding $1 million against tenants who had fraudulently induced a landlord to lease commercial space to them.
- Successfully opposed a preliminary-injunction motion in bet-the-company litigation brought by a creditor. If granted, the motion would have left the debtor out of business and 40 employees out of work.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of an architect in a payment dispute with a project owner.
- Obtained a settlement on favorable terms in numerous dissolutions and split-ups of partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 1993
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1997
- New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York Bar Association
- Leadership Buffalo, Class of 2011
- Plymouth Crossroads, Board of Trustees and Former President
- The Buffalo Club, Community Service Committee Member
- Binational Alliance Advance Manufacturing Trade Show
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Commercial Litigation, 2016-2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Business Litigation, 2014-2018