Gary acts as borrower’s counsel in numerous tax-exempt bond transactions, with previous projects collectively valued at more than $1 billion. He also represents borrowers and lenders in numerous conventional financings.
- Served as lead attorney in the project development and financing for a large multi-campus hospital system. Projects have included the development of two new hospitals, a new nursing home, and a major expansion of an existing hospital facility, with a total construction cost of over $500 million.
- Served as co-counsel in the development of a $250 million medical-condominium project.
- Served as lead attorney in the sale of a large medical practice and related facilities, with a total purchase price of $86.6 million.
- Represented the establishment and facility acquisition for several charter schools.
- Acted as co-counsel for the financing and development of an abandoned historical building. Development costs were financed through a combination of historic tax credits and Empire State Development grants, with a total value of approximately $65 million.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1979
- Union College, B.A., cum laude, 1975
- New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Corporate Law and Health Care Law, 2016-2019
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner