Gary primarily concentrates his practice on insurance litigation, with a specific focus on catastrophic-injury cases, including traumatic brain injuries resulting from automobile and industrial accidents. Gary serves as outside counsel to numerous national insurance companies, representing their insureds in a wide variety of matters, and additionally represents hotels, restaurants, and sports venues in patron injury claims.
Gary additionally defends landlords in lead-paint lawsuits claiming cognitive and behavioral issues to children throughout Upstate New York.
- Successfully argued before the Court of Appeals in Giles v. Yi, the companion case to Hamilton v. Miller, that plaintiff counsel in lead-poisoning cases must produce medical reports in accordance with 22 NYCRR 202.17(b)(1) before defendants are required to schedule any independent medical examinations.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Hobart College, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Lead Litigation Conference, “Summary Judgment Motion: Skirting the Pitfalls”
- Lead Litigation Conference, “Case Law Spotlight and Update”
- Lead Litigation Conference, “Understanding and Applying Epidemiology Studies/What Constitutes an Injury”
- Lead Litigation Conference, “Discovering the Keys to Winning Discovery Techniques”
- The Defendant, The Labor Law Issue, “What Is an Elevation-Related Risk in the Wake of Runner?”
- James Publishing, New York Motor Vehicle Accidents, Editorial Board Member
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Personal Injury General: Defense, 2008-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell BV Peer Review-Rated for High to Very High Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner