From business advisement to litigation and regulatory matters, Eric primarily concentrates on handling matters in the behavioral health care industry. His familial and personal connections with health care providers allow him to provide exceptional advocacy and creative strategies to assist providers in reaching their goals. On an daily basis, Eric communicates with substance-use-disorder (SUD) treatment providers to address a wide range of issues, offering assistance with value-based payments, care coordination across providers, reimbursement, 42 CFR Part 2, patient discharges, and government audits.
Eric’s passion for health care also extends to working with other types of health providers, including senior-living programs, home-health services, physician practices, and hospitals. He uses the deep knowledge he gained in obtaining his MBA in health care to help clients with regulatory issues such as HIPAA and compliance programs as well as government audits and investigations.
Eric additionally handles telehealth matters, advising both existing and new providers on changing policies and the vast national regulatory landscape.
- Handled numerous subpoenas and inquiries related to 42 CFR Part 2.
- Successfully defended a pharmacy against allegations that an employee had been on the Office of the Inspector General’s exclusion list.
- Drafted and submitted Medicaid and Medicare audits responses, including a Level III appeal to the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals.
- Assisted a group of nine behavioral health care providers in forming an Independent Practice Association for the NYS Behavioral Health Value-Based Payment Readiness Program
- Filed an Article 78 petition and handled its transfer to the Appellate Division for an inmate that led to NYS DOCCS dismissing its charges against the inmate.
Obtained an Article 81 Guardianship for an individual with various health issues.
- Albany Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 2016
- Clarkson University, M.B.A., Healthcare Management, beta gamma sigma, 2016
- Union College, B.A., 2013
- New York, 2017
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Friends of Recovery New York (FOR-NY), Board of Directors Member and Treasurer
- Regularly speaks and joins panels at colleges and secondary schools regarding substance-use disorder, the opiate epidemic, and recovery.
- Men’s Health Profile, “This Dad Overcame a Heroin Addiction. Then His Son Started Taking Painkillers”
- Friends of Recovery New York, “The FOR-NY Team Gets Some New Members!”
- News Channel 13, “Albany Co. Sheriff’s Office Town Hall Combats Opioid Epidemic”
- The Record, “HVCC Film, Speaker Focus on Beating Opioid Addiction”
- New York State Bar Association Health Law Journal, “Compliance-Focused Services: Risk Areas Identified in the Substance Abuse Treatment Industry”
- Union College, Beta Gamma Sigma Inductee, 2017
- O’Connell & Aronowitz, PC, Law Clerk and Health Care Consultant Group Intern
- Albany County District Attorney’s Office, Law Intern
- End-of-the-Year Regulatory Updates for OASAS Providers
- Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) Publishes "Auto-Waiver" For Certain Providers To Reduce Admissions and Discharge Documentation Requirements When Transferring Patients
- NPs and PAs Can Now Officially Prescribe Buprenorphine for Opiate Dependency Treatment in New York
- Compliance Program Effectiveness: What To Measure and How To Measure It?