Through an extensive network of international attorneys, Liz assists with maintaining and enforcing many well-known global brands. She leverages her extensive network of international contacts to develop and implement world-wide trademark protection strategies for her US-based clients. In addition to trademark matters, Liz also handles the preparation and filing of copyright applications before the US Copyright Office as well as due diligence on trademark matters in connection with M&A transactions.
Liz’s clients span a wide variety of industries, including automobile, consumer goods, consumer electronics, telecommunications, industrial tooling, fashion and apparel, sporting and outdoor goods, gaming, performing arts, hospitality, and food and beverage.
- Manages the global trademark portfolio for a world-wide telecommunications manufacturer.
- Manages the global trademark portfolio of a global food manufacturer for the retail and foodservice markets.
- Manages the global trademark portfolio for a global manufacturer of consumable products for the medical, industrial, and gaming industries.
- Successfully negotiated a co-existence agreement on behalf of a global manufacturer of pharmaceutical tools.
- Handled clearing, filing, and prosecuting trademarks for a well-known manufacturer of cameras and optical goods.
- Manages global filings on behalf of domestic clients in over 70 countries.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter, Associate Editor, CALI Award for Exemplary Academic Performance in Contracts, Mackenzie-Strickland Scholarship Recipient, Justinian Honorary Law Society, 2010
- LeMoyne College, B.S., summa cum laude, Le Moyne College Presidential Scholarship, Myrtle G. Derschug Award Recipient, 2007
- New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Innovation American Inn of Court
- International Trademark Association
- Law360, “One Year Since B&B Hardware”
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Upstate New York: Intellectual Property, 2018
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Associate
- John Mezzalingua Associates, Inc. d/b/a/ PPC, Associate Counsel
- John Mezzalingua Associates, Inc. d/b/a/ PPC, Legal Intern
- Syracuse University Community Development Law Clinic, Student Attorney
- O'Brien & Gere Limited, Legal Intern