In his legal practice, Ned primarily focuses on financial transactions, real estate, and advising business entities. He represents lenders and borrowers in all types of loan transactions, including real estate-secured, asset-based, and mezzanine loans. He also provides representation in transactions involving municipal bonds and tax credits and transactions utilizing letters of credit and other credit-enhancement vehicles.
Ned acts as counsel to landlords, tenants, sellers, and buyers in lease and transfer transactions, including exchanges, and in the development of property for retail, office, manufacturing, and other purposes. He uses his financing and real estate experience to provide counsel to lenders and borrowers in work-out and restructuring transactions. In addition, Ned advises on the formation, governance, and ongoing business activities of business entities, including not-for-profit corporations.
- Represented sellers in the sale of four low-income housing projects in four separate communities to one buyer.
- Represented a construction lender and a historic tax-credit purchaser in a renovation project for multifamily housing.
- Represented a lender in a multi-million-dollar hospital and medical-office building complex project.
- Represented a tenant in a single-occupant lease for a headquarters commercial office building to be constructed by the landlord.
- Represented a client in the acquisition of titles and easements, franchising, financing, and construction of hotel facilities.
- Represented a client, with IDA assistance, in the multi-year acquisition and financing of a manufacturing facility.
- Represented lenders providing construction financing for projects involving tax credits.
- Represented tax-credit sellers.
- Represented clients in commercial-office leases in multiple national locations.
- Represented clients in efforts to minimize NYS mortgage-tax obligations.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1970
- Villanova University, B.S., 1967
- New York, 1971
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Center for Disability Services Corporation, Board of Directors Member, Executive and Audit Committees Member, and Former Chair
- The Academy of the Holy Name, Former Board of Directors Member
- Albany Police and Fire Foundation, Former Board of Directors Member
- Periodic lecturer at CLE seminars
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Albany Real Estate Law—Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Real Estate Law, 1983-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Partner