Barclay Damon Tower
125 East Jefferson Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
David represents clients at hearings, trials, motions, and conferences in state and federal courts. He also frequently negotiates settlements with opposing counsel and through alternative dispute resolution. In addition, he has extensive experience drafting litigation documents, including pleadings, discovery, motions, and appellate briefs. David also provides general legal counsel to municipalities during their day-to-day operations and at their public board meetings.
- Obtained dismissal on summary judgment of negligence claims brought against a landowner.
- Obtained injunctive relief and a favorable settlement of claims on behalf of a municipality through litigation against another municipality involving breach of contract and disputed ownership of a multi-million wastewater-treatment plant.
- Provided legal counsel to a town as it went through the village-dissolution process.
- Obtained a favorable decision on appeal in the Appellate Division, reinstating the defendant’s counterclaims against the plaintiff.
- Obtained trial orders of dismissal on behalf of defendants in criminal proceedings.
- Successfully negotiated multi-million contracts involving municipalities and public and private entities, including Fortune 500 companies.
- Drafted appellate briefs for criminal appeals before the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, including one on an issue of first impression that resulted in the Appellate Division and NJ Supreme Court overturning the defendant’s conviction.