With over 15 years of legal experience, Danielle primarily concentrates her practice on matters involving asbestos exposure, products liability, and personal injury. As a litigation attorney, Danielle represents clients in all NYS courts, including successfully defending clients before the Appellate Division, Fourth Department.
Danielle has extensive experience in asbestos-exposure defense and maintains an active lead role in asbestos litigation, routinely serving as defense-liaison counsel. She additionally represents individuals and companies in personal-injury matters involving motor-vehicle accidents, sports and recreational accidents, and premises liability, among others. A former diagnostic medical sonographer, Danielle applies her in-depth medical knowledge to personal injury-matters when conducting injury assessment.
Danielle also has significant experience handling environmental-coverage disputes and workers’-compensation matters.
- Successfully defended numerous asbestos claims, resulting in awards of summary judgment for the client on various defenses, including lack of product identification, statute of limitations, and the second-injury rule, among others.
- Successfully defended a child-care services client in the Supreme Court and Appellate Division, Fourth Department against negligence and failure-to-warn claims involved in an alleged assault committed by a child, resulting in a summary judgment award to the client that was upheld by the Appellate Division.
- Prepared and orally argued the motion for summary judgment and prepared the appellate brief to the Fourth Department in Gorzka v. Insulation Distributors, Inc., et al, which ultimately made law in New York that a plaintiff’s failure to identify a defendant in interrogatories is an admission that the plaintiff was not exposed to the defendant’s products. This is case law routinely relied upon by defendants in asbestos litigation.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, B.S., cum laude, 1996
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 2002
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Barclay Damon Women's Forum
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Mass & Toxic Torts and Torts & Products Liability Defense, 2017-2018
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Stars: General Personal Injury Defense, 2013
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner