Dan has multiple years of experience working with government entities in various roles. He previously worked as Vice President of Engagement and Community Affairs for CenterState CEO where he was responsible for procuring new members and managing relationships with CenterState CEO's 225 large member companies and their CEO's. Dan also served as Regional Representative for New York State Governors Eliot Spitzer, David Paterson, and Andrew Cuomo. He was responsible for gathering information, initiating outreach, coordinating visits, and working on special projects on behalf of the Governors in the counties of Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Cortland, and Cayuga.
At Empire Advocates, Dan provides governmental relations and policy guidance to companies, including business/project strategy and direction, crisis and risk management, policy design and development and client relationship management.
Empire Advocates, LLC is a subsidiary of Barclay Damon LLP offering non-legal consulting services involving government relations, public relations, and lobbying for clients who are operating in New York State.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., cum laude, 1994
- Crouse Community Center, Inc., Board of Directors
- Central New York Area Health Education Center, Board of Directors
- Toomey Residential Services, Board of Directors, Former member
- Literacy Coalition of Onondaga County, Board of Directors
- Leadership Greater Syracuse, Board of Directors
- Fair Housing Council of Central New York, Board of Directors
- ThINC (Art Re-Development Corporation), Board of Directors (2001-2006); Member of team to establish Company Art Gallery in Downtown Syracuse
- The Media Unit, Board of Directors (2002-2007); Chairman, Committee on Falls Road Festival (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Syracuse International Film Festival, Board of Directors (2006-2007)
- Contact Community Services, Inc., Board of Directors (2005-Present)
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County, Board of Directors (1999-2005); Chairman, Program & Policy Committee (2001); Government Relations Committee (2003)
- Frazer Elementary School, Mentor (1999-2002)
- CenterState CEO, Vice President of Engagement and Community Affairs
- New York State Governors Eliot Spitzer, David Patterson, Andrew Cuomo, Regional Representative
- Metropolitan Development Association of Central New York, Director of Workforce Development
- Walsh Visa Program, Director
- Syracuse City School District, Commissioner of Education
- Telergy, Inc., Account Executive