Dan serves as Barclay Damon’s White Collar Practice Area co-chair. He concentrates his practice on representing individuals and businesses in a variety of white-collar matters, including matters related to issues of tax, environmental, government procurement, public corruption, health care, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the False Claims Act, mail and wire fraud, and offshore assets. Dan has substantial experience in parallel civil and criminal investigations.
Dan also advises colleges and universities on higher education and NCAA enforcement matters, and he has substantial experience in law affecting Native American sovereign nations.
- Represents private companies in federal and state criminal investigations and prosecutions for over 15 years.
- Represented many individuals in federal and state criminal investigations, including the CIA leak case and the Jack Abramoff investigation.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A., cum laude, 1987
- New York, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Federal Court Bar Association of the Northern District of New York, Former Trustee
- National Association of Former United States Attorneys
- NYS Commission on Public Integrity, Former Attorney General-Appointed Commissioner
- Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Washington Post, Quoted
- MSNBC, Lawrence O’Donnell Show, Dateline NBC, and ABC, Guest Legal Analyst
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Criminal Defense - White Collar, 2018-2019
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York, US Attorney
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York, Assistant US Attorney
- US District Court to Judge Rosemary Pooler, Confidential Law Clerk
- US Senate Finance Committee, Deputy Chief of Staff (Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan)
- New York State Attorneys General Transition Teams
- Green & Seifter, Partner