A trial lawyer, Chris has extensive jury and non-jury trial experience throughout New York State and has handled numerous arbitrations and mediations both within and outside the state. Many of his cases include complex commercial and construction matters involving some of New York’s most iconic projects.
Recognizing that the intersection of corporate governance and matrimonial cases involve many of the same areas of commercial law, Chris is Barclay Damon’s Family & Matrimonial Law Practice Area chair. With decades of legal experience, he represents high-net-worth clients and other individuals in matters involving equitable distribution, business valuation, and related analysis and tax considerations for prenuptials, post-nuptials, separation, and divorce. Chris has also handled numerous cases involving custody, visitation rights, and support through trial.
Chris has filed thousands of public and private mechanic’s liens in each of New York State’s 62 counties and with most state public entities. His practice also includes the frequent filing of bond claims and the foreclosure of mechanics’ liens and actions to enforce bond claims. Chris is additionally involved in the litigation of numerous Article 3-A trust-fund-diversion actions throughout New York State.
- Successfully conducted a multi-week jury trial on behalf of an internationally recognized asbestos-abatement and demolition contractor in a case involving breach of contract.
- Won a substantial AAA arbitration award for an internationally recognized asbestos-abatement and demolition contractor in a case involving breach of contract.
- Secured “relation-back” lien rights on behalf of a contractor in a case where a debtor filed for bankruptcy and argued the lien filing violated the automatic stay.
- Secured a mother’s right to relocate her children following a multi-week trial.
- Obtained favorable economic outcomes in several matrimonial cases following trials.
- Secured child custody for a father in the military as well as his right to relocate to Panama following the trial.
- City University of New York School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Fordham University, B.A., 1990
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, “Construction Work Site and Accident Litigation"
- Bar Association of Erie County, “A New Year’s Resolution for Getting Paid and Collecting Fees”
- Lorman Education Services, “Construction Issues in New York”
- Lorman Education Services, “Construction Lien Law in New York”
- National Business Institute, “Resolving Problems and Disputes on Construction Projects in New York”
- Buffalo Law Journal, "Expect Drones to Be Big Part of Construction's Tech Transformation"
- Buffalo Business First, Legal Elite of Western New York
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York: Business Litigation, 2014-2018
- Buffalo Business First, Who's Who in Law, 2012
- Damon Morey LLP, Partner
- Office of New York State Senator Mary Lou Rath, District Counsel
- D’Youville College, Business Law Adjunct