Caitlyn’s practice also includes preparing prenuptial agreements to establish and protect an individual’s separate property rights in the event of a future separation or divorce.
In addition to her role at Barclay Damon, Caitlyn is designated on the Fourth Department’s Attorney for the Child panel, where she is frequently appointed by local judges to represent children in both family and supreme court matters. This role has given her significant insight into the needs of children and families, particularly in cases involving child custody and domestic violence.
- Successfully represented a prominent physician in divorce proceedings by analyzing business valuations and negotiating a favorable settlement, limiting the client’s exposure relative to their medical practice.
- Successfully handled several complex divorce matters involving significant high-valued assets.
- Prepared a prenuptial agreement for a local prominent family, protecting more than $75 million in assets.
- Appointed by supreme court and family court judges to represent children in complex custody, family offense, and abuse and neglect proceedings.
- Works collaboratively with opposing counsel to amicably resolve divorce matter without the need for court intervention.
- Represented several health care providers who were subpoenaed to appear in family court.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Binghamton, B.A., 2008
- New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- Barclay Damon’s Women’s Forum
- Erie County Family Court Help Desk, Volunteer Attorney
- Presented “Divorce Cases From Start to Finish” to local matrimonial attorneys
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Stars: Family Law, 2015-2018
- Damon Morey LLP, Associate
- Feuerstein & Smith, Associate
- Erie County Supreme Court, Judicial Clerk to Judge John Michalski