He has drafted and prosecuted more than 100 utility-patent applications in the mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electrical fields, including aerospace-propulsion systems, business methods, commercial and residential refrigeration systems, computer hardware and software, fuel cells, image-sensing devices and circuitry, integrated circuits, gun-cleaning systems, loading-dock equipment, medical devices, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), nanotechnology, telecommunication systems and components, and wind turbines.
Barry has significant experience working with business leaders to develop and protect intellectual-property assets, developing strategies to create and maintain zones of protection, negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements, managing patent committees, directing outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, conducting product-clearance studies, and preparing competitor portfolio valuations for mergers and acquisitions.
Barry also has significant project development experience with commercial and military aircraft engines, rocket engines and related turbomachinery, and fuel-cell systems for the residential, commercial, automotive, and space-based industries, including NASA’s Space Shuttle orbiter.
- Western New England College School of Law, J.D., Dean's List, CALI Excellence Award - Pretrial Litigation, 2004
- Clarkson University, B.S., 1983
- Connecticut, 2004
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, Of Counsel
- Harris Beach PLLC, Senior Associate
- Marjama, Muldoon, Blasiak, and Sullivan LLP, Associate
- McCormick, Paulding & Huber, Associate
- UTC Power Corporation, Assistant Intellectual Property Counsel and Patent Agent/Engineer
- UTC Power Corporation, Senior Engineer and Space Shuttle Orbiter Fuel-Cell-Assembly Manager
- Caval Tool, Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer
- Pratt & Whitney, Senior Aerospace Engineer