Trey additionally advises on noncompetition and confidentiality agreement documentation and right-to-build issues and engages in lender representation in commercial-mortgage transactions, including loans and facility refinancing. He also negotiates and prepares commercial leases and reciprocal-easement agreements.
- Regularly acts as general counsel to many small and mid-size businesses throughout Upstate New York.
- Represented purchasers in the acquisition of numerous apartment projects and commercial properties in Jefferson, St. Lawrence, and Lewis Counties, including assistance with entity formation, financing, and leasing.
- In conjunction with the purchase of commercial real estate, provided advice regarding the legal aspects of commercial leases and the preparation of required reciprocal-easement agreements.
- Provided advice and drafting in connection with the formation and structure of medical and dental practices and their wind down, along with subsequent asset sales.
- Represented an owner in the sale of a high-value art object.
- Represented a bottling company in the sale of its business territory and other assets.
- Assisted in the formation of numerous business entities.
- Represented sellers and buyers of second homes and recreational properties in Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties.
- Represented buyers and sellers in asset and stock purchases and sales of retail businesses and commercial service firms, including related matters such as noncompetition agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, and employment agreements.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
Samaritan Summit Village, Board of Directors Chairman
- Samaritan Keep Home, Board of Directors Chairman
- Samaritan Medical Center, Board of Trustees Member
- Antique Boat Museum, Former Board of Trustees Chairman
- Samaritan Medical Center Foundation of Northern New York, Former Board of Trustees Chairman
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Menter, Rudin & Trivelpiece, P.C., Member-Shareholder and Of Counsel