Barclay Damon’s International Practice Area attorneys have decades of experience assisting clients around the world with their US legal matters. Our team advises clients outside the United States on a variety of matters that include business, estate, tax, immigration, intellectual property, labor and employment, and real estate. Our attorneys have extensive experience establishing, maintaining, expanding, and diversifying their presence in the United States, and we also represent domestic clients in legal issues connected to doing business outside US borders.
Our clients range from individuals and small start-up businesses to growing, mid-size enterprises and large, multinational companies across a host of industries that include finance, insurance, manufacturing, software and IT services, and transportation.
Barclay Damon’s international team has extensive experience in areas that include:
- Business formation and structuring, sales, and mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial litigation
- Estate planning and tax matters
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Immigration, citizenship, and customs
- Intellectual property and licensing
- Insurance defense, coverage, and reinsurance
- Labor and employment
- Real estate transactions
- State and local tax compliance, including sales, use, and income tax
International business engagements may require the use of local counsel. Our international team works with a global network of attorneys who serve as invaluable resources for our clients. In addition, our relationships with government officials and regulators at the local, state, and federal levels help us better serve clients doing business in the United States.