Intellectual Property Litigation
Barclay Damon’s IP Litigation team provides value to our clients with creative, pragmatic, and comprehensive enforcement of patent and intellectual property rights. We do this by delivering large-firm experience with a case-specific focus and a highly competitive rate structure.
Trial and Litigation Experience With Multiple Technologies
Our patent litigators are trial tested with decades of combined trial experience.
- Hand Picked—Many of our attorneys began their careers at the country’s largest law firms with highly regarded IP litigation practices, including WilmerHale, Kirkland & Ellis, Latham & Watkins, Sidley Austin, Paul Hastings, and others.
- With a Track Record of Success—We have helped our clients prevail in cases involving hundreds of millions through multi-million jury verdicts, court orders, and settlements.
- In Multiple Arenas—We routinely appear across the country in:
- US District Courts, including the most popular patent venues such as the District of Delaware and the Eastern District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and other appellate courts
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office
- US International Trade Commission (ITC)
- US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- With All Forms of IP—Our experience includes matters involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, unfair competition, domain names, and trade secrets.
- Across All Phases of Each Dispute—We have successfully resolved cases in many different ways, including after full trials, shorter injunction and evidentiary hearings, appeals, summary judgment and dispositive motions, Markman claim construction, anti-counterfeiting proceedings, arbitrations, mediations, licensing, and settlement negotiations.
- Covering a Wide Array of Technologies—We have tried and litigated complicated cases involving many high-technology and life sciences subjects, including pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, collagen stimulation, vascular grafts, adipose-derived stem cells, metal alloys, optics and lasers, photolithography, cable transmissions, financial services networks, biometric identification, wireless handsets, satellites, and aseptic packaging.
Our geographic platform provides a distinct cost advantage to our clients, allowing to offer fee structures with highly competitive rates while maintaining the efficiency and the quality of representation our clients require.
We understand that any litigation, and certainly any trial, is costly and time consuming. We employ realistic budgets and implement techniques to reduce significantly the costs of discovery, minimize delay, shorten trials, and reduce the possibility of any appeal.
Intellectual Property Litigation Chair