Hiscock & Barclay Partner Yvonne E. Hennessey Appointed President of the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
The Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association (FCBA) installed Yvonne E. Hennessey as President of the association for 2013 during its Annual Meeting on November 29, 2012 at the Genesee Grande Hotel.
Yvonne E. Hennessey, a Partner in Hiscock & Barclay’s Albany office, will assume responsibility for leading the Association. “I am honored to have been selected to lead the organization during such a milestone year – a year that I am confident will be built on our prior successes,” commented Ms. Hennessey, “and continuing our strong relationships with the judges of the Northern District.”
During the Association’s annual meeting, Ms. Hennessey outlined a series of initiatives she plans to move forward with in conjunction with officers, trustees, committee chairs and members to make the tenth anniversary year a special year for the Association. The initiatives Ms. Hennessey outlined include:
- Continuing FCBA’s robust continuing legal education programs;
- Increasing the association’s membership throughout all geographic regions;
- Welcoming the younger practitioners in the district under the Association’s newly revamped first decade committee;
- Helping to admit more and more young attorneys to the District through the association’s admission ceremonies;
- Expanding upon FCBA’s historic assistance to hundreds of Pro Se litigants within the Northern District; and
- Carrying on the great historical work of the Association to run down and document the history of the Northern District.
Hiscock & Barclay has been an active supporter and participant of the Association and its programs since its inception ten years ago. “Our attorneys value the contributions the FCBA has made in bringing the members of the bar and the judicial closer together, and we are pleased to be able to lead this expanded level of support to the Association,” stated John Langan, Managing Partner of Hiscock & Barclay, and President-Elect of the FCBA.
The Association’s mission is to foster the highest professional and ethical standards for all attorneys practicing in the Northern District of New York by providing continuing legal education, providing a liaison between the Federal Bench and the local bar, monitoring and proposing changes to the Local and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and performing such other acts as to further enhance the standards of federal practice in the District. To learn more about the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association, please visit www.ndnyfcba.org.
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 200-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State, as well as in Boston, Washington, D.C. and Toronto, providing comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 31 practice areas. For more information on Hiscock & Barclay, visit www.hblaw.com.
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law: Employer Notification Obligations
- Sweeping Amendments Impact Medicaid Fraud Control Units After 40 Years
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators