Syracuse University College of Law Conference on Racial Diversity in Legal Education and the Legal Profession
Friday, October 17, 2014
2:15 pm - 3:30 pm
Syracuse University College of Law
950 Irving Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244
Hiscock & Barclay Of Counsel Angela C. Winfield spoke at Syracuse University's College of Law Conference on Racial Diversity in Legal Education and the Legal Profession on October 17, 2014. Winfield co-facilitated a discussion on diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The one-day conference examined and discussed obstacles to racial and ethnic diversity and inclusion in legal education and the legal profession. Some of the topics discussed included how to:
- Identify and implement effective approaches to increase racial and ethnic diversity in law schools.
- Develop essential lawyering skills and cultural competencies to meet the legal needs of diverse communities.
- Explore how law schools can create an environment where students of color thrive, engage, and remain connected to the law school and the legal community at large.
- Devise an action plan for law schools and legal employers that incorporates deliberate efforts to make inclusion matter in their institutions and their communities.
- Bob Heary Discusses Diversity and Inclusion With Buffalo Law Journal
- Four Barclay Damon Practices, Seven Partners Earn Chambers Recognition
- Barclay Damon’s Patrick Burke Honored With Daily Record Excellence in Law Award
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law: Employer Notification Obligations
- Sweeping Amendments Impact Medicaid Fraud Control Units After 40 Years
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators