Lorman Education Services: Understanding the ADAAA Interactive Process
Monday, April 30, 2018
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Do you know when the interactive process applies to workers' compensation claims?
This topic will provide you with a practical understanding on how to handle reasonable accommodations requests and the interactive process made by employees who claim they are disabled and were injured at work. The following areas will be covered: (1) questions which may be asked of employees; (2) prohibited inquiries to employees; (3) scope of request for medical records to confirm disability; (4) figuring out what is a reasonable accommodation; (5) how to document requests for reasonable accommodations; and (6) communicating effectively with employees as part of the interactive process.
- You will be able to define coverage determinations.
- You will be able to review employment policies.
- You will be able to discuss the nuts and bolts of the interactive process.
- You will be able to describe medical file and record keeping requirements.
- Bob Heary Discusses Diversity and Inclusion With Buffalo Law Journal
- Four Barclay Damon Practices, Seven Partners Earn Chambers Recognition
- Barclay Damon’s Patrick Burke Honored With Daily Record Excellence in Law Award
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law: Employer Notification Obligations
- Sweeping Amendments Impact Medicaid Fraud Control Units After 40 Years
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators